a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Canada 150

copyright Barbara Di Lella, Canada 150 design, 2017
As most Canadians know, it will be Canada's 150th anniversary this July. I have been working on a number of designs for that occasion and this is one that I submitted to the government, using their logo for the occasion. 

Geometrics seem to be heavily used in designs of all kinds these last few years. Not to mention that this 'Maple Leaf' symbol is somewhat reminiscent of the 1967 logo. Although it also reminds me of the NBC Peacock.

However, to make a long story short, I ended up abandoning the above design for another one:

copyright Barbara Di Lella, Canada 150 design.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I think your second design is stronger too And how cool that you applied, let alone if you were accepted!

    ReplyDelete